GUIDE FOR MERIT BADGE COUNSELORS
Contact Tad S. about becoming a Merit Badge Counselor for Troop 3 before Dec 31st of each year.
To qualify as a merit badge counselor, you must
• Be at least 18 years old and of good character.
• Be registered with the Boy Scouts of America (position code 42).
• Complete Youth Protection training.
• Be recognized as having the skills and education in the merit
badge subjects covered and hold any required qualifications
and training as outlined in the Guide to Safe Scouting or the
Guide to Advancement—or use others so qualified.
• Be able to work with Scout-age boys.
As a merit badge counselor, I agree to
• Follow the requirements of the merit badge, making no
deletions or additions, ensuring that the advancement
standards are fair and uniform for all Scouts.
• Have a Scout accompanied by his buddy during all
• Keep my Youth Protection training current.
• Renew my registration annually if I plan to continue as a merit
APPLICATIONS & FORMS:
- Merit Badge Counselor Application – 2014
- Merit Badge Counselor Renewal Form – must be submitted by Dec. 31st each year to continue as a MB Counselor
- Youth Protection Training