We ask you to get as involved as you can in your youth’s scouting experience. Behind every successful Scout is an interested and participating parent. Troop 3 has an email list in which you can stay informed.
The website is also one of our marketing tools to interface us with the public. Among the pages you will find that it contains much of the information Scouts need for a complete Scouting experience in Troop 3. The website contains advancement information, the Troop event calendar, forms and many other useful items. Be sure to check the calendar for upcoming events frequently. Please note that, for safety reasons, the public website will not contain the Scout’s full names or contact information.
- Read “A Parent’s Guide” located in the front of the Scouts BSA Handbook.
- Sign (with your scout) our Conduct and Discipline Policy
- Attend Parent training classes.
- Attend at a minimum the last 10 minutes of every meeting.
- Scouting is family based. Our Troop is very active and requires a lot of adult help. The adult support is organized through the Troop Committee. All parents are invited and encouraged to attend these meetings, join the committee and lend a hand with the many support activities (i.e.: transportation needs, fundraising activities).
- Attend other meetings as required (i.e.: Courts of Honor, information for summer camp, special activities, etc.)
- Sign up on Troopmaster and follow your Scout’s progress.