Job Description: Troop webmasters are responsible for maintaining the troop’s website. They make sure that information posted on the website is correct and up to date and that the privacy of youth and adult troop members is protected. A member of the troop committee should assist them with their work.
Reports to: the assistant senior patrol leader and adult webmaster.
- Works with various unit members on needed topics
- Ensures the website is as youth-run as possible
- Works with the Troop Scribe and Historian – obtains monthly ‘Troop Scoop” posts to publish.
- Maintains the website as needed updating news and articles submitted by troop members, Scribe and Historian.
- Maintains the troop’s calendar with dates supplied by the Troop Scribe.
- Sets a good example.
- Enthusiastically wears the Scout uniform correctly.
- Lives by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Shows Scout spirit.
- Recommended by the SPL and approved by the Scoutmaster
- Serves for 6 months
- Must be active in the troop
- Any Scout can serve in this position.