Job Description: The Outdoor Ethics Guide ensures that Leave No Trace (LNT) principles are followed on all troop outings and activities. The Outdoor Ethics Guide can be seen/downloaded from here.
Reports to: the Assistant Senior Patrol Leader.
- Know by heart the Leave No Trace principles and be able to explain them in detail to others.
- Instruct the troop about Leave No Trace principles before outings.
- While on outings, ensure that Leave No Trace principles are followed, providing direction and instruction as necessary.
- Participate in outings.
- Sets a good example.
- Enthusiastically wears the Scout uniform correctly.
- Lives by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Shows Scout spirit.
- Recommended by the SPL and approved by the Scoutmaster
- Serves for 6 months
- Must be active in the troop
- Any Scout can serve in this position who is 14 years of age or older (13 with Scoutmaster approval).